Monday, May 14, 2012

Hybrid Cycle Day 4

So I started a new program at CFCC Hybrid Oly lifting.  This is what it is to quote CFCC

"The Hybrid Level of Oly is open to members who have taken 20 classes of Intro to Olympic Lifting (see below).  The purpose of this class is to Snatch, Clean and Jerk often, but also to examine the specific weaknesses of lifters and actively incorporate assistance lifts and movement patterns that reinforce the Olympic Lifts and the strength, speed, mobility, and stability that it takes to train them aggressively (as in Competitive Programming). In addition to training Olympic Lifting, this class will also engage in explosive conditioning workouts that support CrossFit training methodologies and support the goal of becoming better at the Olympic Lifts.  The sum total of these conditioning workouts will be no more than 2-3 per week, and they will be optional. Shoulder stability and Hip Explosiveness can be reinforced through the incorporation of other movements and especially for athletes looking to alternate between CrossFit and Olympic Lifting, Hybrid programming can assist with maintaining a certain level of working ability in the slightly more aerobic threshold of CrossFit."

I'm glad for this as I LOVE strength training and there is conditioning involved.  On day 2 it kicked my ass more than any reg CF programming.  I'm also happy for this as I got my appetite for food back.  I'd been struggling with eating. I'd make something that tasted fabulous, have a couple of bites and then not be in the mood to eat it anymore.  Well now I've been eating more protein and wanting foods. It's hard to be trying to hit a certain amount of protein and be choking it down. Seriously, my fork would quiver as I tried to eat some chicken.

So today I trained from 7-9 which meant first alarm goes off at 5. I have to plan for this time now for when Sadie is back and I will have to walk and feed her in the am.  Train is at 6 am.  This morning I had time to read some food logs and some research before getting on the train.  Honestly, my first thought this morning was when can I go to bed.

So I trained with Jim. Just Jim and I and more things clicked with my lifts.  Today we did mid hang cleans (find 3 RM; 90% x3x2), power snatch (peak of 2), clean deadlift (find 5rm), barbell loaded good mornings (3x5) and rowed 5 x100 m with 1 min rest. 

After training I had a couple of nutrition meetings and didn't eat. Just had BCAAs before and after training, coconut water and hot herbal tea. I don't know if it was the not eating or wanting to sleep more this morning but I was falling asleep on the train home and almost missed my stop. First time ever I fell asleep on the train. 

For meal 1 of the day I had:
3 eggs & 2 slices of ham scramble, 1 chicken sausage

For meal 2:
Roasted Turkey Breast
1 lb turkey breast - boneless and skinless
lemon juice and EVOO
garlic powder, salt, chili powder, cumin, cayenne powder, dried oregano
roasted in 350 oven for maybe 40 minutes (forgot to look at the time as i was doing 1,000 other things just kept checking until juices ran clean and meat thermometer read 165ish)
let rest 10 minutes (the hardest part)

Cabbage Slaw Saute
a bit of bacon fat in pan
add sliced half moon onions
red cabbage sliced
using a peeler added in some parsnips
salt
cooked down with lid on part of the time then added some red pepper flakes and juice of 1/2 fresh lemon for brightness and freshness






OK off I go as I have a ton of work to do and research articles to read before bed. Which I'm hoping is early as I get up at 5 am tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment