Thursday, February 21, 2013

I had a beer

and I liked it. Well I loved it while enjoying it with a friend. I hadn't had beer since Nov. 6th.  I do love my beer but it didn't love me back. So while hanging with a friend catching up I had one beer and it made me a little silly then I had another. Yes I'm a cheap date because I should have been done at one. The second one made me even more silly. But that's not the point. The point is the next day was awful.  Whenever I have an adult beverage, I don't sleep well. This has always been the truth. I only can sleep a couple hours before I'm up and energized. Just like usual this happened. What I didn't expect was how my body would react. I wasn't nauseous or having bathroom issues. Instead - yes I'm going to get personal - I was really bloated, my tooth started bothering me and my gums even bled (which they never do), and my body hurt. So I tried to do the functional exam on myself. Sure enough my liver and gallbladder points were super sensitive along with my enzyme points. Yup I was having a reaction. So I ate a protein and fat diet with some greens that had probiotic, fermented dressing on it. I took extra supplements and drank a ton of water in hopes to flush it out.  Yikes I was feeling foggy brained and my reflex points were so sensitive. I had to wear some leggings to work and a loose dress so I didn't feel worse.



The good thing is that I'm 90% sure it was the beer. The downside is that I love beer. I may do a coca pulse test to see if that was the sensitivity to that beer and try it with other beers.

It took a couple of days to get back to normal. Now only slightly bloated but my reflexive points are less sensitive during a function evaluation.

Now that my body is healing it can pick up on the things that effect it. Before my body was just shutdown all the time and on survival mode. Now it's telling me (and yelling at me) what I can and can't have to be healthy, functional person.

No comments:

Post a Comment