Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reflection on the BCCC


Until today I thought I was not very successful during this Body Change Composition Challenge (BCCC).  I kept pushing the thought out of my mind that I failed.  I don’t like using the words failure or failed as things can be challenging and you can and must learn from them.  This morning after a couple of weeks re-assessing things, I was happy to find a success.  Hold on till the end for the exciting news! With a yummy coffee in hand this morning I reflected back on what I learned about myself during this challenge (which isn’t over yet). Here is what I came up with...

1.  Be okay with not being 100%.  Sometimes you need to re-frame your wording and thinking.
2.  Sometimes you have to give in to deal with work stress.  Which for me is going out to dinner to deal and process vicarious trauma from my job.
3.  Too many fall events this month contributed to eating out, but made healthy choices 95% of the time. For example, I had tickets to Phillies first post-season game.  I drank no beer, has some Saki at the fall festival, lots of bacon wrapped quail eggs (delish!), and ate the chicken, lettuce, tomato and avocado out of a sandwich - threw out the bread.
4.  Listen more closely to my body. Feed it protein even if I'm not so hungry due to work stress as I will be become lethargic at night.
5.  Bosses and co-workers won't understand your foggy brain so plan for this if you can. I accepted that not all my progress notes would get done in time for my invoice
6.  Don't beat yourself up. Continue with the rest of the day and be mindful of choices.
7.  Rest!  I have missed almost 2 weeks at CFCC due to being under the weather and obviously my body needed a break. I've been sleeping 10 hours a night.  This also gave me time to re-assess some of my personal life.
8.  Kale!  For the past year (maybe longer), I eat this wonderful leafy green daily.  Does kale ever go out of season?
9.  Listen to others' positive comments.  I didn't notice my body slimming down but my family, neighbors, coworkers and friends noticed.  I need to work on accepting compliments more graciously instead of disagreeing with people.

My exiting news is that I reached my goal and fit into my Lucky Brand jeans from 5 years ago.  Definitely celebrated the fact that I reached that goal and surprised myself.  I strutted my smaller booty to work today with a large smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment