Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Baaaack!!


So I'm back to the blog after weeks away due to very little time in my schedule.  I’ve made lists of topics and recipes that I want to post.  Olympic lifting is over.  Bittersweet.  I'll be back for more in the future. Need some time to regroup and get other projects settled (which you will be hearing about soon).

I’m happy with my progress.  Body composition I think has stayed the same but some wonderful people have been telling me that they see positive changes.  We will see once I measure and weigh in.  I will admit sometimes I catch myself noticing the change in my biceps. Makes for a happy abbey.

My technique has improved but still has more to go.  17 lb PR on the Snatch.  9 lb on the Clean and Jerk.  Yes I still talk most of the time in pounds but that will be changing too.  Let’s not even talk about my squatting ability.

Frustration was a word that was thrown around and I was asked about.  I don’t think frustration is the word for me. Unless it was about waiting for the train or the train being late.  I was already getting home late enough as is.  Or I was frustrated figuring out the math when using lbs and kilos. Whatever the feeling was it was more drive for me.  I wanted to keep going or stay later.

So where do I go from here?  My plan is to go back to WODs and train Oly once on the weekend.  I don’t want to lose what I have accomplished in these 6 weeks.  I’m nervous for my first WOD back as I feel my lungs might hate me. But I’ll do it with a smile and go back the next day for some more.  Originally, I thought I wanted to focus on getting a body weight pull-up after Oly.  Now I’m thinking I really need to get a better front and back squat along with overhead squat.  Not sure if I can or should focus on the pull-ups and the squats at the same time or just focus on the one.  I of course will consult the coaches on how and what to do.

So I am back to writing on the blog, working on new projects, still loving my clients at the agency (still not loving the system though), and excited to start a new phase of training.

Sending out much love to all of those who read my little blog!!

1 comment:

  1. that's funny...frustration is DEFINITELY the word for me when it comes to oly (and to crossfit in general, come to think of it)... :)

    ReplyDelete