Friday, December 30, 2011

Finally a crockpot

or slow cooker.  Thank you to my beautiful sister Casey for my Christmas gift.  It's cooking away right now...recipe coming soon once I try it out.  I did make bone broth in it as my first time use and I think I will use it often for this so I don't have to be home for 24 hours cooking bones away.  I still will use my favorite Le Creuset pot to make chili and other items as I do like cooking away all day over the stove and nothing tastes better. I am hoping though that the slow cooker will help me during busy weeks. I have already gotten over my fear of leaving it plugged in while not home. Talk to me in person about this neurosis. I already of a bunch of recipes planned for the slow cooker which I will share with you all (if they come out good). But seriously excited to be having more broth in my life. Reading about the benefits excites me and a warm mug of broth just makes me feel instantly better. Plus it has a slightly sweet taste which I'm hoping helps as I cut more sugar and (gasp) chocolate out of my daily eating routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment