Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in review


And what a year it has been! I think the most influential thing this year was joining CFCC.  Like it was yesterday, I remember nervously sending an email and getting a response to come try it out.  Well that was it I was hooked.  Thank goodness for Tim who introduced me to the world of Crossfit and checked in on me about joining a couple of times before my first visit.  My first (and final) stop was at CFCC. I'm so glad I chose CFCC or perhaps they chose me.  Not only did I lose 25 lbs since I have joined (most of the weight loss happened in the Summer) but I found a family of AMAZING people. I also gained confidence, strength, power and knowledge.  Learned what a snatch and clean and jerk is.  Getting closer to body weight strength goals than ever before.

My eating habits have changed. My fondness for cooking has come back with a vengeance. Now if I could find someone to just clean up after I cook!  My family laughs at home much protein I eat. My craving for a burger or steak (and a beer) at the end of a long week has a couple of my friends teasing me for my “dude” like qualities.  BACON is back in my life.

I’m thankful for my family and friends especially my buddy Sadie. Even if her recent trips to the vet drive me bonkers, I love coming home to her. Seriously, if you aren’t a dog lover you probably don’t get it but I can’t imagine not having her.  I’m glad I rescued her from a kill shelter a couple of years ago. Cooper is also a new adopted member of the family and Gus is still the old man of the house (my mom’s house).

Work. Anyone who gets the chance to sit down over coffee and hear me talk about work knows the ups and downs. The downs are mostly the system. I love and learn from my clients everyday.  For the most part I look forward to going to work.  For those of you who don’t know this, therapist have to do a TON of paperwork. That’s the downside.  I’m doing the work I have always wanted to do and hope I am impacting others lives in a positive way even if it is small impact.

Started this here blog, which I’ve wanted to forever.  I have a list of topic ideas for 2012 that I didn’t get to in 2011.  Arg! I know I am missing a ton of things.

I finished another half marathon (with a fabulous cheering team and 2 friends who ran with me). Peter and Casey taught me how to stand up paddle board. Freaking awesome and need to save to get my own. Bought my first cow share and pork and chicken straight from a local farm. Reconnected with old friends, said goodbye to some friends, fell out of touch with others and met some new. Oh I could go into that cheesy friend quote but I won’t.  Came face-to-face with challenges and kicked them in the ass. Found a new favorite Mexican restaurant thanks to a good friend. Brunch on the weekends have been really fun; probably more fun than going out at night.  Started some new projects which I will be sharing with you all shortly. I’m sure there is more but I hate to bore whoever is reading.

So what does 2012 have in store for me?  I hope for new and exciting adventures and some challenges that will help me grow. Thank you to all those who have been a part of my life this year.  Cheers!

Sadie is getting her rest before the excitement

No comments:

Post a Comment