Friday, January 13, 2012

Strawberry Salsa

So today was a great day and I enjoyed every moment.  As soon as I woke up I turned on the oven to bake up a chicken breast.  I seasoned some almond meal with garlic and chili powder, then breaded the chicken in it.  Baked this while I cooked up 4 eggs and microwaved a sweet potato.  Quickly threw 2 cups of arugula in tupperware and drizzled with Carlson's fish oil.  Packed everything up except the eggs which I nibbled on while I got ready to head to the noon class. Sadie and I walked threw some snow flurries before I took off to CFCC.  I felt good during the noon class except for this nagging headache I've had for a day.  Made sure to drink more water today.  After completing Standing Lynne, I chowed down on my chicken, sweet potato and arugula.  I hung out at CFCC typing up some notes for work before doing the 3 o'clock Oly class.  It felt good to really work on technique and not worry about weight.  My dear friend, Eli, video taped my snatch and who knew I squatted as low as I did. I felt pretty good during the class but started to get tired on the last couple of clean and jerks.  Oh I had a cup of coffee before Oly and right now my headache is finally gone.

I had planned to go to yoga too after Oly but was hungry and ready to relax.  Swung by Whole Foods near the art museum.  Talk about a shit show in the parking lot.  Can no one drive anymore?  Picked up some gorgeous strawberries, salmon and more steak.  Not that I needed it but it was on sale and I was tempted by how good it looked.  So I whipper together an amazing meal while prepping my marinade for my steak breakfast tomorrow.

Strawberry Salsa
6 Strawberries
2 Jalepenos
1/4 Red Onion
Cilantro
Fresh lime juice
Diced up - pretty chunky - the berries, jalapeno and red onion.  Squeezed lime juice and added some fresh cilantro.



Marinade for tomorrow
2 Jalapenos rough dice
Couple of cloves of garlic sliced
Lime juice of one lime
a bunch of rough chopped cilantro
All of this will be added to the steak when I get up in the morning to marinade while I'm at CFCC.

Now to relax and stretch.  I also need to decide about tomorrow. I want to do both Fight Gone Bad and Endurance class.  Not sure if I should do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment