Friday, January 13, 2012

Superbowl Paleo Party Food


I had a couple of people ask me about ideas for a Superbowl party since it will be here before we know it.  Here are some items I have made in the past.  More to come!

 





Guacamole in endive
I made these for a friends pre-wedding paleo friendly party when I couldn’t think of anything else to make.  They were a hit and looked amazing!









Bacon & avocado sammies
I made these on a Friday night in.  











Paleo chili from Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook
This came out amazing.  I have the book if any CFCCers want to take a look.  The whole book has great recipes.


 










Kale chips
400 degree oven, line baking sheet with parchment (for easy clean up). Tear or chop kale leaves - no stems. I melted coconut oil but you could use butter or olive oil and drizzle over kale. Sprinkle with sea salt and chili powder and mix together. Spread a thin layer on pan. Cook until they have crisped. Mixing them halfway through cooking is helpful.




 
 Shrimp roasted
2 pounds (12 to 15-count) shrimp
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or sprinkle some red pepper flakes for spice)
Or I have done this with sprinkling fresh herbs
400 degrees.  Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through.

 


 


Pulled / shredded beef roast
I made this the other day and it came out amazing.  I didn’t blend the sauce ingredients out of laziness and added in 2 jalapenos sliced since I had them.  I also didn’t use juniper berries since they aren’t in my spice cabinet.  This is also good for breakfast with a fried egg on top and an avocado.





 




Taco salad
Marinate some chicken or steak.  Grill the meat.  Slice over mixed greens sprinkled with fresh lime juice. Add tomatoes (these are grilled), peppers (raw or grilled), guacamole or sliced avocado. Whatever brings out the Mexican in you.





Other ideas :
Cinnamon Steak Skewers 
I don't have a picture of these but they were amazing. Anything from the Primal Palate duo is amazing. 
Figs/dates wrapped bacon or prosciutto would be good also                                                            Chicken skewers - marinate them how you like and grill or bake
Buffalo chicken wings baked in the oven with almond flour or almond flour. Comes out excellent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment