Sunday, January 15, 2012

Water

Water is something I don't drink enough of in the winter months.  During my first challenge Erin told me about putting a cinnamon stick in my water.  I know it sounds odd...may look odd but is delicious. 

So I got to thinking what can I add to my water without adding sugar.  I had some fresh mint left over so I muddled that in a glass then added water.  Came out with a hint of mint and looked amazing.



After a trip to Whole Foods and buying some strawberries for strawberry salsa to put atop my salmon, I used a couple with mint in a pitcher of water.  This actually sat over night in the fridge and came out great.  The water had a hint of strawberry and mint to it...nothing over powering.  Plus it looked so pretty.  If only I had an umbrella straw I could have pretended to be on a beach instead of in this freezing weather.  Of course lemons, limes and cucmbers are great to flavor water.  Let me know what combinations you try.

1 comment: